Curaçao Casinos Online
The Curaçao Gaming Authority (CGA) is an entity that provides legal online gaming licenses to casinos around the world. The brand is extremely well-known and casinos bearing the Curaçao stamp typically offer a wide range of benefits and incentives for UK players.
Use this page to understand exactly why Curaçao casinos are so popular, what Curaçao casinos mean for GamStop, and how to find the best and most lucrative casinos with a Curaçao gaming license!
Top Curaçao Online Casinos in 2022
One strength of casinos with the Curaçao gambling license is that they can often stock more games than UKGC casinos. My Stake offers 6,973 unique games from 99 developers, spanning slots, RNG table games and live dealer games. There is also a comprehensive sportsbook, making My Stake one of the most attractive Curaçao casinos for UK players.
Backed up by a 100% up to €1,000 welcome bonus and a continuous spree of promotions, My Stake is simply a top notch Curaçao online casino.
When it comes to UK-friendly non-GamStop casinos with Curaçao gaming licenses, there’s nowhere better than Fortune Clock! Its doors are wide open to the UK community, offering 225 free spins on top of a stellar welcome package, thousands of games, 8+ payment methods and a €40,000/month withdrawal limit.
Fortune Clock is Curaçao eGaming at its finest.
One of the most popular Curaçao casinos for UK players, The Red Lion beats out most of the competition with its diverse payment options. Players can not only use credit cards for deposits and withdrawals (an extremely rare perk, usually only possible with the Curaçao gaming license!) but also Coinspaid, a reputable cryptocurrency exchange.
With games provided by diverse software developers including NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, Quickspin, Novomatic, and Play’n GO, there is something for everyone at The Red Lion.
Why is the Curaçao License So Good?
Online casinos with Curaçao licenses are popular because they allow UK players registered with GamStop to enjoy the full online gaming experience without limits. Curaçao-licensed casinos are outside the jurisdiction of the UK Gambling Commission, which means they’re not bound by the same rules as other casinos accepting UK players.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Credit card deposits—In recent years, thanks to changes in UKGC rules, the majority of UK casinos have stopped allowing credit card deposits. Fortunately, players can still access this method through Curaçao casinos. The most common cards are Visa, Mastercard, and occasionally American Express.
- Cryptocurrency as a payment method—The vast majority of UK licensed casinos do not offer cryptocurrency as a payment option. However, many Curaçao casinos offer Bitcoin and other currencies alongside the typical methods of bank transfer and card payments. With the popularity of cryptocurrency continuing to grow, this is a huge attraction for many UK players.
- No GamStop—Every single casino with the Curaçao gaming license is immune to GamStop. This means that you can freely join any of our recommended casinos, regardless of your affiliation with GamStop.
- High value bonuses—Due to favorable tax conditions, Curaçao casinos can usually offer far more lucrative bonuses to players than constrained UKGC casinos. That’s why we see massive amounts of free spins, or gargantuan €6,000+ bonuses from the top Curaçao casinos.
- Huge diversity of games—Casinos with the Curaçao license are less restricted in the number of games they can offer. It’s not uncommon to see thousands of video slots in addition to comprehensive suites of RNG and live dealer table games. While UKGC casinos typically have one studio for live dealer games, Curaçao casinos typically have several.
GamStop and the Curaçao License
All online casinos with the Curaçao license are non-GamStop casinos. This means that they allow UK players to deposit, play and withdraw profits regardless of their registration with GamStop.
What We Check Before Recommending Curaçao Casinos
Curaçao casino players do occasionally face a hurdle that UKGC players are protected from: rogue casinos. However, with the right research, it’s easy to verify which casinos are legitimate businesses and which should be avoided. Here are the key criteria we use to verify and rate Curaçao casinos:
- Transparent ownership—All our recommended casinos are run by legitimate businesses with experience in the world of online casinos. Any casino pretending to have a Curaçao license, or being run by a suspicious entity, are immediately rejected.
- Responsible gaming & security—Every proper casino has a commitment to player safety and responsible gaming. Casinos with official Curaçao gaming licenses put significant effort into their responsible gaming resources, with links, documents, and advice available on the site. They should also have a license number and strong security features in place, such as SSL website encryption.
- Customer reviews—Once a Curaçao casino has been going for a few years, we can use online reviews from verified customers to judge the playing experience. Any casino with a strong reputation for unfairness will never be recommended on our platform.
Drawbacks to the Curaçao License
Despite its many benefits, there are a few drawbacks to gaming at casinos with a Curaçao license:
- Fewer self-exclusion options—Because casinos with the Curaçao gaming license are immune to GamStop, it can be harder for players to permanently and effectively self-exclude.
- No PayPal—There is generally a smaller range of payment methods available at Curaçao casinos. There are currently no such casinos where PayPal is accepted for deposits and withdrawals—if this is your preferred payment method, Curaçao casinos might not be a good option.
- Higher risk of rogue casinos—While it’s not hard to find professional and reliable Curaçao online casinos (using platforms like ours, with rigorous research teams) there are some brands that operate outside of GamStop with malicious intent. Because of the extra regulations imposed by the UKGC, there are generally more rogue casinos under the Curaçao label.
Hello, I’m Kit Brown, a seasoned online gambling expert with over a decade of experience in poker, casino and sports betting. With a 1st Class Honours degree in Sport Journalism from 2006, my work has been published in top industry publications such as Poker Player, Bluff Europe, Gambling Online Magazine and Gambling Insider.
I recently returned from a four-year stint as a Senior Copywriter and Copy Team Lead at Entain, where I led the production of written content for renowned brands like bwin, PartyCasino, and Sportingbet. My extensive experience writing for and about the biggest names in online gambling gives me a unique perspective on the industry. I look forward to sharing my insights with readers on NonStopCasinos.com.
Have a question, comment or topic suggestion? Please reach out to me through the contact form.